Social Care News
It’s that time of year again, and Christmas 2021 is sure to be an occasion to be celebrated!
After our last festive season was damped down (if not cancelled altogether) by lockdown restrictions, we’re excited to exchange gifts and spend time with our loved ones this year.
Healthcare professionals have worked tirelessly over these past 12 months as we battle for a return to normality, and while the clapping at 8 pm is over, the shifts continue.
Following the OUTT.com guide to the Top 10 Social Care Worker Gifts in 2020, we’ve compiled recommendations from our dedicated healthcare colleagues to develop another bumper guide to the best Christmas gift ideas for this year!
1. Smart Coffee Mugs and Cup Warmers
Millions of healthcare workers cover night shifts and work unsociable hours when the canteen is closed and the coffee shop shuttered.
A smart mug keeps tea, coffee or a cheeky hot chocolate at the perfect temperature – so even if they’re called away in an emergency, they won’t return to an ice-cold cup!
- Pick up a cute USB Mug Warmer from Tesco as a stocking filler.
- The Trynga Mug Warmer comes with free UK shipping (and mains cable plug).
- This UI Fine Ceramic Self-Heating Mug from Wolf & Badger is a stylish boutique option.
2. Oversized Snuggle Hoodie
If you love someone who knows comfort is king, a huge, cuddly hoodie is a great present.
Oodies are a cult product, based on a 6XL size for universal cosy power – they’re available in a massive range of colours and designs. As a bonus, if you say that your Oodie is a gift, you get a free gift-wrap bow thrown in!
There are loads of similar products if that’s a little steep:
- Studio does a Reversible Sherpa Fleece Hooded Blanket
- Stay Cushiee has several options – we love the Tie Dye Oversized Hoodie Blanket!
3. Gift Voucher for Afternoon Tea
Looking for the ideal gift for a busy healthcare professional who rarely has time to treat him or herself? An afternoon tea voucher is a universally excellent gift everyone can enjoy.
- The Ivy offers an Afternoon Tea for Two voucher, and you can add some sparkly champagne for an added charge.
- Virgin Experience Days has a Tea for Two gift in The Domes at the London Kensington Hilton (and lots of other offers for other areas!).
- Buying for a friend that prefers home comforts? Perhaps go for a Luxury Afternoon Tea Gift Box by The Cherry Tree so that they can enjoy their treats at their leisure.
4. Heating Slippers
Slippers are a classic Christmas present – and they’re hugely appreciated by anyone who spends the bulk of their working day on their feet!
The Warmies Wellness Microwaveable Slippers come in one size, are suitable for UK three to seven feet, and are filled with soft wheat for ultimate relaxation.
Urban Outfitters have an adorable pair of Smoko Heated Dumpling Slippers, with a USB charger included.
CareCo sells a Comfi Foot Warmer, which fits up to men’s size 16, with a fluffy fleece lining that is machine washable.
5. Meal Kit Gift Subscription
We all try to eat healthily, but preparing fresh meals for the family on a long-awaited day off is a lot to ask!
A meal kit subscription means that even the busiest healthcare professionals can relax, knowing dinner is taken care of and all the ingredients are there to whip up something nutritious.
Ready to join OUTT?
Find social care shifts that you control!
6. Relaxing Weighted Blanket
A Gravity Blanket is ideal for care workers who find it tough to catch a quick snooze. Weighted blankets have proven to improve rest, reduce the stress hormone cortisol and help combat anxiety.
Try these options:
- Gravity Blankets with optional accessories such as headbands, neck cushions and weighted robes.
- The Therapy Adaptive Series, available in varying sizes for double, queen or king-sized beds.
- Mela Weighted Blankets, with a free removable cover included.
7. Soothing Bed Sheets
Another great sleep aid is a set of premium quality sheets – a luxury few of us choose to invest in for ourselves!
John Lewis has a great online tool to choose the right bed linen by thread count, fibre and weight.
Another fantastic option is Christy England, with classic linens of exceptional quality that make your regular bed feel like a sumptuous 5* hotel!
8. Essential Oil Diffuser
Essential oils are fantastic for mood-enhancing properties, and an elegant diffuser gift looks amazing in any home!
If your favourite healthcare professional likes all things natural wood, have a look at the Oslo Aroma Diffuser from Bubble & Wick with an ultrasonic water vaporiser and seven ambient LED colours.
9. Pampering Spa Day
Ah, a spa day – what a great way to unwind! Pamper days aren’t just for females either; everyone will enjoy a relaxing swim, sauna, massage and Jacuzzi day.
Some of the popular spa day gifts are:
- Buy a Gift: lots of spa day treats, including a treatment, and with a massive range of locations and add-ons.
- Spa day vouchers from Hand Picked Hotels – you can choose whether to gift a monetary gift voucher, a specific treatment, or a full day out.
10. Noise-Cancelling Headphones
If you’ve ever tried to sleep during the day, you’ll know that it’s pretty hard to switch off with daylight outside and chaos all around you!
Noise-cancelling headphones are a thoughtful gift and a great option for any healthcare professionals in your life who work nights or early shifts.
Try the gorgeous Miami over-ear headphones from Urbanista with free UK shipping.
Hopefully, our recommendations for great healthcare professional Christmas gifts have inspired you to pick up the perfect present, and will make a big difference in showing how much you care.
Do you have any items on your wish list for 2021? Let us know if you have any great suggestions we should add to our list!