Social Care News
Working in care is tremendously rewarding, skilled and varied – but we all need a little break from time to time, and we’d like to make Christmas 2020 as memorable a time as we can!
Candles & Bath Salts
Nothing says pure relaxation and quiet bliss like a long soak in a foamy bath, or chilling out by gentle candlelight and enjoying the aroma. Social care workers often work demanding hours, long shifts, and a thoughtful gift will allow them to take some time for themselves.
- Neom’s Perfect Night’s Sleep Scented Candle comes in a charming travel size, and uses natural lavender, jasmine and basil fragrances to let your mind drift away as you fall to sleep.
- Wicks and Reeds make a beautiful soy wax Eucalyptus and Lavender candle. With a sweet gift tin, wooden wick and elegant recyclable packaging, this is ready to give as a gift.
- Westlab Sleep Bath Salts on Look Fantastic are a fantastic gift for a tired social care worker that needs to take a weight off.
Travel Mugs and Christmas Coffee Cups
Every care worker needs their tea or coffee to start the day off right, and there’s nothing worse than getting to your shift on time, and finding a stone-cold cup of joe waiting to greet you!
Travel mugs are a stylish, useful and thoughtful gift that will get years of use.
- These super cute Patterned Bamboo Travel Mugs at Etsy come in a range of colours and are made from eco-conscious bamboo.
- Rex London makes some unique ‘gifts of random kindness’, and the bright and cheerful Unicorn Bamboo Travel Mug will be sure to brighten even the dreariest of winter mornings!
- If you’re looking for something a bit more personal, Getting Personal make these slick Personalised Travel Vacuum Flasks, ideal for social care workers who like their caffeine with a hint of style!
High-Quality Face Masks – or Make it Personal!
Every professional in the health and social care sectors will have felt the pressure of wearing a facemask for an extended period.
While work in hospitals and clinical spaces requires specific medical-grade facemasks to be worn, for everyday use a soft, silky facemask will be a breath of fresh air for any social care worker.
- Take a look at these luxurious Soft Satin Face Masks – made by FormalSaints and with the option to add personalised initials.
- My Picture offers customised facemasks, with any photo, design or logo made with antiviral and antibacterial fabric.
Clothing They Will Wear With Pride
2020 has been a revolutionary year for social care workers and NHS staff, with recognition and appreciation that is long overdue. It’s never been a better time to wear your heart on your sleeve!
Ready to join OUTT?
Find social care shifts that you control!
We all need a bag for our ‘stuff’ – and a social care worker will always have countless files, equipment and resources to lug about with them!
- This Fashion World black tote has 20% of the profits going to NHS Charities Together. We love the simplicity and sentiment of the logo!
- We’re also charmed by the Essential Worker tote at Zazzle – and since care workers have indeed kept the nation going, it’s a fitting gift.
A coffee subscription is a gift that keeps on giving; and rather than a one-off present will deliver a caffeinated surprise long after the Christmas decorations have been taken down!
- Blue Coffee Box offer subscriptions of gourmet coffee, with a Blue Coffee Bag option, or a Blue Coffee Box with two full-size bags of coffee, included in a presentation box.
- The Coffee Factory also offers fantastic monthly gift subscriptions.
Moisturising Hand Masks
Hand sanitiser has become a necessity, but with increased hand washing protocols and frequent sanitiser, even the softest of social care worker hands is likely chipped, sore and red.
- The Body Shop has a set of Moisture Gloves, designed to be used with hand cream for an overnight treatment.
- Beauty Bag has an elegant VIP The Gold Hand Mask that will return moisture and nourishment to the most tired hands.
Smart Lunch Boxes for Quirky Tea Breaks
Lunches and breaks tend to be taken on the go for care workers – and a smart lunch box that keeps your toastie warm and your salad cool is essential!
Give a gift that will make lunch something to look forward to; however short and sharp that lunch break might be!
- John Lewis has this smart Mepal Lunch Pot 700ml which can be heated in the microwave, stored in the fridge and has a separate compartment for soup, yoghurt or cereal.
- Chilly’s is perhaps the best-known food pot brand, and makes these cute pastel coloured pots that keep food steaming hot for up to six hours!
Warming Neck Wraps, Heat Socks and Feet Warmers
As winter kicks in and the mercury drops, keeping warm and well is a priority. Working in social care can be physically challenging, and we do not doubt that a soothing neck wrap, blissful feet warmers or heated socks will go down a treat.
- Huggaroo makes an amazingly soft weighted Neck Wrap. It can be heated in the microwave and contains soothing lavender to lift away the stress of the day.
- Pick up a gorgeous fleecy Foot Warmer Hot Water Bottle from Heat-Treats – this looks so comfy we’re not sure we’d ever want to move!
- Heat Holders are great for social care workers that spend a long day on their feet, with insulating yarn and machine washable to keep toes warm throughout the day. Pick them up on Amazon.
Luxurious Bubbling Foot Spas
Putting your feet up takes on a whole new meaning with the divine relaxation of a scented, warm, bubbling foot spa!
- Our favourite is the Relaxology Inflatable Foot Spa Pamper Pack! This includes peppermint foot gel, foot salts, an exfoliating sponge and a foot roller.
- Lloyds Pharmacy also has a bargain, with a circulation-boosting Beurer FW20 Foot Warmer, with three temperature settings and a plush fur fabric lining.
We hope this list has given you some great ideas for Christmas gifts that will bring a smile to any social care worker this year! Let us at OUTT know what special gifts you’d recommend – and your favourite gift you have received that has brought a sprinkle of festive magic to your day!